- Our Firm
- Our History
- Our People
- Our Philosophy
- Credit Research
- Quantitative Research
and Risk Management
- ESG Investing
- Customizing Portfolios
- Recent Press
- News Archive
Our Business Today
Prudential Fixed Income is a global fixed income asset manager with $652 billion in assets under management. Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We have a long history in the fixed income markets: We began managing fixed income portfolios for our proprietary accounts in 1875 and accounts for institutional clients in 1928. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo, and Singapore.
Our business is managing fixed income strategies for institutional clients and retail investors. We manage assets for:
- 26 of the top Fortune 100 companies
- 27 of the 100 largest global pension funds
- 12 sovereign wealth funds/central banks/large government entities
The Types of Portfolios We Manage
Our expertise is managing credit-related portfolios and long duration LDI strategies. We also manage specialized products including hedge strategies and collateralized loan obligations (CLOs).
What We Can Offer You
- The Benefits of Scale: Prudential Fixed Income is one of the largest fixed income managers in the U.S.,* with $652 billion of assets under management. Our strong market presence provides trade execution advantages while our wide global presence provides us with a broad perspective of credit markets.
- Expertise and Stability: Our portfolio management and research teams have honed their expertise over decades, much of that time spent with us. Our senior professionals average 28 years of investment experience and 19 years with Prudential Financial, Inc., a fact of which we are extraordinarily proud.
- Experience: Prudential Fixed Income and its predecessors have managed fixed income portfolios for more than 100 years, beginning with the proprietary insurance accounts for Prudential Financial, Inc. We have managed assets throughout more than a century’s worth of market cycles.
Broad Capabilities: Complex challenges often require multifaceted solutions. Prudential Fixed Income’s capabilities and expertise extends across a wide range of traditional and non-traditional fixed income sectors globally, broadening our opportunity set.
- Global Integration: Our office in the U.S. as well as affiliated offices in London, Tokyo, and Singapore cover the global fixed income markets. Every trading day our portfolio managers share research and insights on local markets with their colleagues across the globe.
- Expertise in Credit Research: With us, research is a career. We think that makes for better fixed income portfolios. We maintain a large and highly experienced credit research organization, with 103 fundamental analysts dedicated to research across all credit-related sectors. Our senior credit analysts average 22 years of industry experience and 12 years with Prudential Financial, Inc.
- A Significant Focus on Risk: Risk management is a mindset at Prudential Fixed Income. A 45-member Quantitative Research and Risk Management Group supported by 30 applications development specialists perform several significant functions for client portfolios, including risk management, analysis, and reporting for every client portfolio daily.
- A Client-Centered Culture: Our clients are at the center of everything we do, and trust forms the foundation of our client relationships. Our employees strive to preserve that trust every day.
As of June 30, 2016. ¹Other includes Japanese equities and Japanese real estate equities.
*Source: Pensions & Investments, based on U.S. institutional tax-exempt assets under management as of December 31, 2015.